The Operations Manager will be responsible for performing all of the duties assigned by the Executive Managing Consultant in managing oversight of the daily functions of the cooperative.
Business Operations and Planning:
- Assist in preparation of annual budget with regular periodic review of the performance in relation to budget.
- Work closely with staff providing clarity on how performance impacts budget and actual financial results.
- Assist in creation of a short term as well as extended capital budget with input by management team’s assessment of equipment needs and necessary purchases.
- Provide input on quality enhancements and needs to assure cooperative members receive unparalleled service and support.
- Coordination with and review of vendor contracts.
- Evaluate revenue and growth opportunities within stated mission and accepted practices of cooperative.
Human Resource Management:
- Coordinate recruitment and hiring to meet current and forecasted needs of the cooperative.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for new and existing employees.
- Provide onboarding for new employees and annual reviews for existing employees.
- Establish and maintain training programs and schedules to provide career advancement and ensure compliance with changing requirements.
- Create and maintain protocols, policies and procedures for present and future services and practices.
- Work with the Board of Directors to maintain competitive pay schedules, benefits, and bonus and incentive programs based on job positions, employment duration, and performance.
- With direction from the Board of Directors and Senior Management, create employee goals and objectives and provide regular review and monitoring with employees.
- Organize and lead regular scheduled employee meetings providing updates on cooperative finances, policy changes, and regulatory issues impacting the cooperative and industry.
- Coordinate and administer employee benefits.
Member and Board of Director Liaison:
- Evaluate cooperative member concerns and address issues with timely correspondence.
- Oversee creation of newsletters and WNYCMA website updates.
- Distribute correspondence concerning Board of Director meetings.
- Coordinate and organize annual meeting event.
- Assist the Executive Managing Consultant in providing the Board of Directors with updates and recommendations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, or Agricultural Business.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in related management positions including but not limited to human resources, financial statement preparation and/or review.
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and management skills.
- Mastery of computer programs Word, and Excel, and working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- While not required, preference will be given to the candidate with an agricultural background, education, or present employment in an agricultural field.
Requires the ability to lift 0-50 lbs. on a regular basis. Travel is moderate with overnight travel possible but infrequent.
Please send a resume to email@example.com.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Western New York Crop Management Association, Inc. is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.